Vocal, Piano, Guitar, and Drum
Start Your International Music Teaching Career
Time: May 2017
Format: On-the-job training that will enhance and develop teaching skills of music teachers and assist them to gain international certifications upon completion of the program.
Trainers: Music teachers from renowned music universities such as The University of Toronto, Canada; Berklee College of Music, Boston, U.S.A; The Conservatory of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam who all have more than 10-years’ experience in music education in Vietnam and around the world.
Why should you take this training?
– Elevating teaching skills in a dynamic and changing industry with an international certificate (Grade 8 of TRINITY/ABRSM/LCM or equivalent)
– Developing a holistic skill set and learn how to market yourself as an internationally certified teacher
– Job opportunities recommended by AMPA Education to renowned Music Institutions in Vietnam and Asia
– Continuing professional education opportunities with Trinity workshops/performance events quarterly
– Discounts on music books published and distributed by AMPA Education
– Age range: 20 years and above
– Knowledge: Practical training as shown in the chart below. Formal music theory certification or demonstrated knowledge/experience of/with the elements of music: Trinity College London (TCL)/Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) or London College of Music (LCM) or equivalent – Grade 3 minimum level.
|Classical||At least 2 years of university/college specialising in Vocals.||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent|
|Rock & Pop||TCL/ABRSM/LCM or equivalent – Grade 5 minimum level||TCL/ABRSM/LCM or equivalent – Grade 5 minimum level||TCL/ABRSM/LCM or equivalent – Grade 5 minimum level||TCL/ABRSM/LCM or equivalent – Grade 5 minimum level|
Time and process
|Registration Deadline||Audition/Interview||Tuition Fee Payment*||Training Commences|
|Friday, 26 May 2017||
Two days to Audition/Interview
Wednesday, 17 May 2017
Tuesday, 23 May 2017
For candidates auditioned on 17 May, the payment deadline is Monday, 22 May 2017
For candidates auditioned on 23 May, the payment deadline is Thursday, 26 May 2017
*Please contact AMPA Education for information on the fee.
|Tuesday, 29 May 2017|
Program of Study
The AMPA Education Music Teacher Certification Program has 7 Component Parts:
(*Candidates will take part in classes in all 7 components. Some components require two classes per week)
- Practical Training – candidates will work progressively toward the next level of graded examination in vocal or instrumental music either in the TCL or ABRSM programs. At the completion of this course, all candidates will have completed their Grade 8 level of training.
- Conversational English – candidates will work toward a level of English language proficiency so that they can teach in either Vietnamese or English at the completion of the course. Achieving IELTS Band 5 (minimum) or IELTS Band 6 (ideal) or equivalent
- Theory/Musicianship – candidates will work progressively toward the next level of graded examination in music theory in either the TCL or ABRSM programs. At the completion of this program, all candidates will have completed their Grade 4 level of training.
- Music Teaching Pedagogy – candidates will learn the art of teaching music to children and adults.
- Performance – candidates will have many opportunities to perform and to perfect their performance skills both as solo performers and as members of various groups and ensembles.
- Music Technology/Production – candidates will gain a working knowledge of these aspects of the music industry with hands-on training with our Music Production team.
- Practicum – candidates will work alongside their teacher/mentor to learn and practice the craft of music teaching while engaging in on-the-job training.
What the Program Gives You
Upon completion of this music program, students will:
- Synthesize musical styles, both current and past;
- Synthesize and apply pedagogical techniques from a variety of established music education traditions (e.g. Kodály or Orff methods);
- Communicate clearly, understandably, and appropriately with teachers, students, and parents in both their first language and in English.
- Design instruction which facilitates learning, consistent with the needs and interests of primary and secondary school learners;
- Design various evaluative procedures, and use the results of these procedures to assess the effectiveness of their instruction and of student learning;
- Analyze and think critically about teaching and learning to foster students’ creative and analytical thinking skills;
- Teach students in a way that is equitable, sensitive, and responsive to all learners;
- Synthesize the legal and moral responsibilities of the teaching profession; and
- Serve as leaders and advocates for music education and the arts.
If you are interested in the Program, please send a copy of your CV and relevant qualifications* to Ms. Ngo Pham Thuc Uyen at the below address:
Asia Music & Performing Arts Education:
9th Floor, VTP Building, 8 Nguyen Hue, Dist. 1, HCMC
* If you have several years of teaching experience but do not meet the qualifications criteria, please contact AMPA Education at the above information.
** For organizations / music schools who want to send your teachers to join our program, please kindly contact as the contact information above.