Asia Music & Performing Arts Education (AMPA Education)
AMPA Education is an international non-governmental organization which aims to provide platforms for young children to be able to touch and feel the arts. Our key focus is promoting creative education through the development of thousands of Dream Spaces across the country. These are rooms/arts hubs at schools in cities and provinces alike, where we will either build/renovate and provide equipment and the environment for students to be introduced to, and be trained in the arts. Furthermore, with the implementation of a variety of projects in giving music and dance scholarships to less advantaged children, running music classes at different orphanages/shelters, providing arts donations in-kind, we are positive that the impact of creative education shall significantly impact our community.
What We Do
Dream Space is AMPA Education’s key project targeting the elementary school system in Vietnam. The Dream Space provides students with access to a creative zone of music and the arts.
The Trinh Cong Son
The Trinh Cong Son Scholarship supports young and talented Vietnamese students from underprivileged families to develop and pursue their passion in music and the arts by providing the full school fees for the music, academic programme & English training programmes.
Teacher Capacity Empowerment
TCE (Music & The Arts)
To empower music / arts teachers, AMPA Education organises short-term and long-term training courses / workshops / masterclasses to upskill teachers’ capacities.
My PhamExecutive Director
Nicholas KeyworthAdvisory Board Member
Dung NguyenDirector of Music
Teresa HallDance Master Trainer
Alexander Tu NguyenAdvisory Board Member
Ms. My Pham – Executive Director of Asia Music & Performing Arts Education (AMPA Education)
• Former CSR & Corporate Relations Manager of Soul Music & Performing Arts Academy (SMPAA)
• Former Executive Director of the Trinh Cong Son Culture & Arts Programme
• Former Executive Director of Loreto Kids Charity – a Non-Governmental Organization in Education Sector
• With over 11 years of experience in non-governmental sector – education, Ms My Pham’s passion for Creative Education and for Vietnam has fuelled her vision to facilitate the accessibility of music / performing arts education to all communities
Mr. Alexander Tu Nguyen – Advisory Board Member of AMPA Education
• ISTD Hip Hop Specialist in Vietnam
• Doctor of Occupational Therapy, International Choreographer
• Former leader of the US Kaba Modern Dance Company – Top 3 America’s Best Dance Crew 2008
• Director of Performing Arts at Soul Music & Performing Arts Academy (SMPAA)
• Founder/Managing Director of the Lyricíst
• Former Guest judge for Vietnam’s top TV shows: So You Think You Can Dance, Star Academy, Miss World Vietnam, etc.
Mr. Nicholas Keyworth – Advisory Board Member of AMPA Education
• Former Chief Examiner of Trinity College London as well as Architect of major publishing and assessment initiatives including Trinity Rock & Pop
• Founder of Revolution Arts Academy and the Co-founder and Artistic Director of Corsham Festival, Rural Arts Touring and The Pound Arts Centre
• Musician, Composer, Conductor of the professional Corsham Festival Orchestra and Chorus
Ms. Teresa Hall – Dance Master Trainer for Asia Music and Performing Arts Education (AMPA Education)
• Fellow of the ISTD (Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing) and Assessor and Tutor for all units of the DDE qualification in Modern Theatre and Imperial Classical Ballet.
• Former Principal of the Scuola di Danza TDH in Italy.
• Professionally trained at Arts Educational School London on the 3 year musical theatre course.
• She is excited to be part of AMPA Education’s mission of bringing internationally recognized dance education to Vietnam and this region.
Ms. Dung Nguyen – Director of Music of AMPA Education
• Musicologist and Pianist – Graduated from Ho Chi Minh City Conservatory of Music with two majors: Piano & Musicology
• Achieved the scholarship of PhD’s fellowship in Poland – Major in Music Theory
• Her field of research is Contemporary Musical Languages in Vietnam Orchestral Music, focusing on Orchestral Works of Vietnamese composers, especially after Doi Moi (1985)
• Received the Award of the Ho Chi Minh City Music Association (HMA) in 2018
• Former teacher at Ho Chi Minh City Conservatory of Music, Sai Gon University, Ho Chi Minh City College of Culture and Arts, etc.